About Telluride Colorado
#1 SKI RESORT IN NORTH AMERICA
For the 6th time in the past 7 years the readers of Conde Nast Traveler have rated Telluride Ski Resort the #1 Ski Resort in the U.S. and Canada. Read the entire article: America’s Best Ski Resorts: Readers’ Choice Awards 2018, CNTraveler.com
First time guests can also discover Why Telluride Keeps Being Named the Best U.S. Ski Town, CNTraveler.com
THE TOP 11 SKI RESORTS IN NORTH AMERICA: EXCLUSIVE RANKINGS
USA Today ranks Telluride Ski Resort as the #1 ski resort in North America.
“The combination of charming old buildings, striking scenery and proximity to skiing make Telluride the best ski town in North America.”
TOP 10 SKI RESORTS IN NORTH AMERICA FOR 2019
Perennially a Top 5 resort in the Forbes resort rankings, Telluride jumped to #2 in Chris Steiner’s 2019 list due in part to reviews such as this:
“There is a group of top tier ski resort towns in North America—and this pack has an alpha. That alpha is Telluride. First-time visitors marvel at the seemingly vertical canyon walls rising on three sides next to town and wonder, “Why didn’t I come here earlier?”
WHY TELLURIDE IS SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST A WORLD-CLASS SKI TOWN
Vogue Magazine has featured a flattering article on Telluride as one of the most decadent travel destinations. They highlight their picks on the best places to stay, eat, and drink while in town.
ALLRED’S NAMED ONE OF WINE ENTHUSIAST’S BEST WINE RESTAURANTS (2015)
Wine Enthusiast Magazine recently included Allred’s on its annual list of the “100 Best Wine Restaurants in America” for 2015. This is a first time Allred’s has received this honor from Wine Enthusiast, which looks at restaurants with “stellar cuisine as a given” and focuses on those with innovative and unique wine programs.
In SKI Magazine’s 2018 Resort Survey, readers ranked Telluride as the #5 ski resort in the West. Here are some other highlights:
- Character – #1
- Terrain – #3
- Lodging – #5
- Dining – #6
- Challenge – #7
- Trail Variety – #10
Since 1992 SnowPak has been ranking the best ski resorts across the world and in 2017-18 they named Telluride the #1 ski resort in Colorado. “Telluride makes our top ski resorts list – with elegance and ease. Epic terrain, elegant lodging and dining, extraordinary views of the San Juan mountains, swift lifts, oh and great snow!”
Winner of the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards® for 2015, as determined by reviews from wedding couples. The Couples’ Choice Awards recognizes wedding businesses as being among the top 5% of wedding professionals nationwide.
Travel + Leisure
- 5th Overall for all mountain towns
- #1 for music, Christmas lights, and family friendly hotels
- # 2 for Parades
- #4 Friendliness
- Top 10 for hip/coolness
- #13 America’s Best Towns for Halloween
U.S. News & World Report
- #2 Best Ski Destinations in the World
- #15 Best Winter Vacations
- #5 out of top 10 ski resorts for nightlife
- Top 10 most scenic ski resorts in the world
- #1 top ski resort – Sunset Magazine
- Best ski town for year-round mountain fans – Huffington Post
- #8 of 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies – Fodors.com
- One of the Coolest Winter Guy Getaways – Men’s Health
- Top 5 family-friendly ski resorts in Colorado – Dallas Morning News
- Brown Dog Pizza included Larry Olmstead’s list of “15 Most Memorable Restaurant Meals of 2013” – Forbes.com
- One of the Best Ski Resorts for Athletes – Yahoo Beauty
- Between the Covers included in list of great independent bookstores – Wall Street Journal
- #2 Best for all-round family activities – Ski and Snowboard with Kids (Australia)
- #1 Best town to wander around – Ski and Snowboard with Kids (Australia)
In In the 1970’s, Telluride reinvented itself. Legendary powder – a different sort of gold – was being mined. When the Telluride Ski Resort opened in 1973, the character of the community changed, and the town spun back into high gear. Born of the same spirit as skiing, cultural events, festivals, music, and performing arts were founded, and flowed through the seasons. It was again a time of thrilling possibilities. Telluride now has a reputation for world-class skiing and a stunning ambience.
Due to its significant role in the history of the American West, the core area of Telluride was designated a National Historic Landmark District in 1964. This listing is the highest level of historic status available to sites designated by the United States Secretary of the Interior. Telluride is one of only four other Colorado communities with this honor. The sites are so special that, in theory, they are eligible for consideration as National Parks.
Citizens are committed to preserving Telluride’s historically significant architecture, open space, and traditional design elements, and most of all, Telluride’s small town mountain lifestyle.